MAME: Goupil G3

Couvre tous les domaines de l'émulation logicielle ou de la virtualisation ainsi que les discussions sur les divers outils associés.

Modérateurs : Papy.G, fneck, Carl

Pernod

MAME: Goupil G3

Message par Pernod »

I've made a start on adding emulation of the Goupil G3 to MAME.
0002.png
0002.png (5.36 Kio) Consulté 1838 fois
It's currently using a generic ASCII keyboard so doesn't have the special key to boot a floppy. Is there any documentation on the keyboard matrix, including the codes returned for all the keys such as the floppy key?
Ideally the keyboard should be fully emulated with the MCU. Is anyone able to provide a dump of the 2716 ROM from a keyboard?

I'm currently using the dumped character ROM to render the 25x80 video, but suspect this dump may be suffering from bitrot. Some of the characters seems to have the odd bit missing such as D, J, R. Has anyone else dumped the ROM from their 25x80 card for comparison?
g3_chargen.png
g3_chargen.png (130.46 Kio) Consulté 1838 fois
I see there's also a dump of a 6809 V1 ROM but seems incomplete as it tries to jump into another ROM from a Parallel card. Does anyone with a 6809 V1 have a working machine and can dump the other ROM?

Is there any documentation on the Graphics/Colour card that uses a EF9366? The register addresses are known but it's not clear as to what they do, such as Bank Register 1, Bank Register 2, Bank Register 3, and Control Register.

And finally, whilst I'm working on the G3 I'd like to add other CPU cards such as the 8088 and Z80, are ROM dumps available from these?
MAME Developer
leduigou

Re: MAME: Goupil G3

Message par leduigou »

Hi,

According to my previous work on the G3, here are some information:
- Car sent by the "Basic" button : $BA
- Car sent by the "Com" button : $D8
- Car sent by the "Break" button : $D7
- Car sent by the "Load" button : $DA
The character ROM I use is :
VDC25x80.bin.zip
(849 octets) Téléchargé 43 fois
My emulation of the graphic card was not satisfactory. I'll try to make a synthesis of my findings.

BR
Frederic
Cordialement
Frédéric

Forget the C:\ prompt! Real computing starts with +++
Pernod

Re: MAME: Goupil G3

Message par Pernod »

leduigou a écrit : 31 déc. 2022 15:18 (...)
Thanks for the keyboard character info, should be useful.

That's the same character ROM that I'm already using. Would be useful if someone else could dump theirs for comparison.

I'm also improving the Goupil G1 and G2 emulation, mainly the keyboard as lots of the key mappings are currently missing.
MAME Developer
Répondre