[Thomson TO16 PC] Detailed infos + keyboard question (DIN?)

Pour tout ce qui touche au PC d'IBM et ses nombreux descendants. Attention tout de même, au delà de quelques MHz la discussion devient vite hors sujet.

Modérateurs : Papy.G, fneck, Carl

TrainingForUtopia

[Thomson TO16 PC] Detailed infos + keyboard question (DIN?)

Message par TrainingForUtopia »

Hi,

bought an old TO16 PC for my Thomson collection, but it'll came without the original keyboard. So my question is ... is it a DIN keyboard connector?

And ... are there some more detailed infos about the TO16, 'cause i only found some pages with lesser god infos & pics.

Thanks.

Tom
Fool-DupleX

Re: [Thomson TO16 PC] Detailed infos + keyboard question (DIN?)

Message par Fool-DupleX »

The keyboard is standard PC-XT (NOT PC-AT) with a few specialties that won't prevent the use of a standard PC_XT keyboard.

What do you want to know about the TO16 ?
TrainingForUtopia

Thanks ...

More general and special infos about the TO16 would be great & better pics beside of the crappy and small scanned ones.
Fool-DupleX

Yes, so what are your questions ? You want to know how to program the Plantronics Colorplus (320x200x16 and 640x200x4) graphic modes ? You want to know who wrote the BIOS ? You want to know the initial price or the differences between the 4 different versions that hit the market ?

Just ask.
TrainingForUtopia

A TO16 manual would be the best solution.
Fool-DupleX

I don't think so :) The TO16 manual is composed of three books. One is fully dedicated to MS-DOS, it's just the MS-DOS 3.21 user manual translated in French. The second one deals with GW-BASIC. Again, the French version of the original manual.

The third one is indeed about the TO16 itself, but is essentially a quick start manual with what you get in the package, how to start the machine, how to take care of the original floppies (3: MS-DOS system, MS-DOS tools, GW-BASIC).

You might be better off trying that one :

http://lauraetjean-damien.com/system-cf ... ADEL-TO16/
Répondre