Modern Replacement Matra Alice Power Supply Needed

C'est la catégorie reine de l'ordinophile, 8 bits et pas un de plus!
Single board ou bus S-100 acceptés.

Modérateurs : Papy.G, fneck, Carl

StarshipUK

Modern Replacement Matra Alice Power Supply Needed

Message par StarshipUK »

I have two Matra Alice and one Matra Alice 90 (which I prefer to use) computers and two original power supplies. Both of the original power supplies have developed a very unusual fault.

The wire\lead between the power block and the computer gets really, really hot as soon as you power it on, to the point where I think if I left it switched on it would melt or catch fire. I am not sure if this is a known fault with this power supply as this has now happened to two of them in exactly the same way, and the voltage in the UK is 240 Volts, the same as France. I am wondering if perhaps a component in the power supply box has expired which is causing this to happen.

Rather than getting them repaired I would like to replace them with a modern power supply, but I need to know the voltage and polarity, size of the connecting plug and if there are any other special requirements (Regulated\Unregulated). While I may get a multi-voltage adaptor, I would prefer to buy one which is already the right voltage, polarity and has the correct plug on it.

Please could my friends here help me with some suggestions of what I would need to get, to keep the computers running.
__sam__

Re: Modern Replacement Matra Alice Power Supply Needed

Message par __sam__ »

StarshipUK a écrit :and the voltage in the UK is 240 Volts, the same as France.
At the time the Alice were produced the standard voltage was 220v. I don't know if the power supply can cope with 10% more voltage. It may be a bit close to the upper limit for nominal 220v requirement.
Samuel.
A500 Vampire V2+ ^8^, A1200 (030@50mhz/fpu/64mb/cf 8go),
A500 GVP530(MMU/FPU) h.s., R-Pi, TO9, TO8D, TO8.Démos
StarshipUK

Message par StarshipUK »

That could be the issue then, but they seemed to run for sometime without issue and I have never experience the issue with any other european\french system I own. If anyone knows the specifications I will obtain replacements.
fneck
Site Admin

Message par fneck »

StarshipUK a écrit :(...) I need to know the voltage and polarity, size of the connecting plug and if there are any other special requirements (Regulated\Unregulated). While I may get a multi-voltage adaptor, I would prefer to buy one which is already the right voltage, polarity and has the correct plug on it.
It is not DC but AC, so you don't need any polarity. The Alice's power supply is only a voltage transformer to 10V AC.

You can find all information you need here http://alice.system-cfg.com/hardware.php#caract
Fabien https://www.system-cfg.com
Les bonnes pratiques de l'utilisateur du forum viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3
StarshipUK

Message par StarshipUK »

Thank you again, but I cannot find the plug size detailed on that page. Does anyone please know the plug size in MM?
fneck
Site Admin

Message par fneck »

The plug is 5,5 mm outside and 2,5 mm inside 8)
I've updated the wiki link.

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/0647 ... -mm-1-pcs/
Fabien https://www.system-cfg.com
Les bonnes pratiques de l'utilisateur du forum viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3
fabu

Message par fabu »

10v ac a Nintendo nes power supply?
Répondre