[VG5000] starting something via Boriel’s ZX-Basic Compiler

Cette catégorie traite de développements récents pour nos vieilles machines, applications, jeux ou démos... Amis programmeurs, c'est ici que vous pourrez enfin devenir célèbres!

Modérateurs : Papy.G, fneck, Carl

__sam__

Re: [VG5000] starting something via Boriel’s ZX-Basic Compiler

Message par __sam__ »

nitrofurano a écrit :anyway, i’m really curious about seeing minitel terminals used as home computers, and something like that, stuff from demoscene,
You mean like this one made by JeffHxC2001 ?
Samuel.
A500 Vampire V2+ ^8^, A1200 (030@50mhz/fpu/64mb/cf 8go),
A500 GVP530(MMU/FPU) h.s., R-Pi, TO9, TO8D, TO8.Démos
joaopa

Message par joaopa »

C'est fait avec un EF9345 ? :!:
Papy.G
Modérateur

Message par Papy.G »

nitrofurano a écrit :github.com… says it’s SAA5050 (perhaps the same used mostly on Teletext and Minitel?)
I personally don't know about such a chip in our Minitel, but I don't know every Model, and especially none before 1983.
nitrofurano a écrit :I never saw a minitel working in front of me, i only saw photos, videos, and some magazine news back in the 80’s - anyway, i’m really curious about seeing minitel terminals used as home computers, and something like that, stuff from demoscene, games, etc., or other interesting projects using them - please let me know about all projects involving it! :)
We will deviate from the initial topic, and pollute. :?
Anyway, not much to show, apart from Jeff's work. :oops:
There are many Minitels we can get them here for free, we just have to find a Portuguese friend to ship it to you in the summer. :mrgreen:
nitrofurano a écrit :i never heard of i8052 - is it based on i8080, i8086, i8088, or something like that?
8052 is a MCS51, a microcontroller family, heir of the intel MCS48.
nitrofurano a écrit :and how much is the ram available? we must not forget that Atari 2600 had only 128 bytes of ram, and 32 registers for video and audio! :D
We have 256B plus special functions registers, and the Video Ram unused by the 9345 (8kB is quite huge for some applications).
But there is no cartridge port on the machines, some have a Microcontroller Variant without internal rom, so the chip can be swapped for any other one.
Soyez exigeants, ne vous contentez pas de ce que l'on vous vend.
Demandez-en plus, ou faites-le vous-même.
Carl
Modérateur

Message par Carl »

Joaopa => de mémoire, EF9347,...

Carl
Papy.G
Modérateur

Message par Papy.G »

Exact, un 9347, avec 8kO de VRam, par contre, à 14MHz, 8032 synchronisé, et peut-être affichage en 60 Hz.
Dans le M1b Alcatel, on n'est qu'en 12MHz pour le 9345 (pour la compatibilité de la sortie Péritel en 50 Hz), et 11,9 pour le 8052, mais on doit pouvoir faire à peu près ça aussi.
nitrofurano

Message par nitrofurano »

anyway, i’m really curious about seeing minitel terminals used as home computers, and something like that, stuff from demoscene,
You mean like this one made by JeffHxC2001 ?
(youtube:ba_51zGY1cQ)
amazing! is it indexed at pouet.net somewhere? (if it isn’t, it needs to be)
github.com… says it’s SAA5050 (perhaps the same used mostly on Teletext and Minitel?)
I personally don't know about such a chip in our Minitel, but I don't know every Model, and especially none before 1983.
perhaps SAA5050 was the very first Teletext/Minitel vdp, and all others based on that? (i think it is very likely)
There are many Minitels we can get them here for free, we just have to find a Portuguese friend to ship it to you in the summer. :mrgreen:
Wow, what an amazing gift! thanks!!! \o/
i never heard of i8052 - is it based on i8080, i8086, i8088, or something like that?
8052 is a MCS51, a microcontroller family, heir of the intel MCS48.
i’m looking for its opcode table - and this processor can address 64kb, can’t it? (i have no idea what kind of mods/expansions could be done in such kind of machine)
Papy.G
Modérateur

Message par Papy.G »

I don't think that it is, but his latter one is still not online.

Looking at the datasheet it isn't that obvious to me. The 934x family has its very own "philosophy".

I still have to find some room left after packing for "homeland holidays", and in a car wich will land not to far from your home.

Better than that, it can adress 64kB data (Ram), and 64kB code (Rom), no specific peripheral instructions, unlike Z80, but many possibilities with IO ports/lines if you don't want to memory-map them. You can disable internal rom, and some specific minitels have some kind of expansion bus that is very promising.
nitrofurano

Message par nitrofurano »

Papy.G a écrit :I don't think that it is, but his latter one is still not online.
Looking at the datasheet it isn't that obvious to me. The 934x family has its very own "philosophy".
i don’t know... seeing that SAA5050 and EF9345P were mostly used for the same purpose, there might be some level of retrocompatibility among them
I still have to find some room left after packing for "homeland holidays", and in a car wich will land not to far from your home.
\o/
Better than that, it can adress 64kB data (Ram), and 64kB code (Rom), no specific peripheral instructions, unlike Z80, but many possibilities with IO ports/lines if you don't want to memory-map them. You can disable internal rom, and some specific minitels have some kind of expansion bus that is very promising.
i can imagine - from what i heard from all these decades, i always imagined how unfairly underrated Minitel terminals were from the (for example) 8bit computing scene, and their potential were not explored enough yet (imho)
Répondre