New game project

Cette catégorie traite de développements récents pour nos vieilles machines, applications, jeux ou démos... Amis programmeurs, c'est ici que vous pourrez enfin devenir célèbres!

Modérateurs : Papy.G, fneck, Carl

__sam__

Re: New game project

Message par __sam__ »

The colorfull version looks much nicer.
Samuel.
A500 Vampire V2+ ^8^, A1200 (030@50mhz/fpu/64mb/cf 8go),
A500 GVP530(MMU/FPU) h.s., R-Pi, TO9, TO8D, TO8.Démos
jasz

Message par jasz »

Colorfull one is better.
hlide

Message par hlide »

colorful - ne faites pas comme les Allemand ou les Nordiques qui commettent cette erreur trop souvent de mettre deux L au lieu d'un. Les Anglais n'ont pas leur logique.

HINT: "full" affixé après un radical devient "-ful".
Dernière modification par hlide le 10 mai 2019 19:34, modifié 1 fois.
Patrick

Message par Patrick »

Hum, en anglais c'est pas colour ? Color étant une variante américaine.
I like both.
Patrick
__sam__

Message par __sam__ »

Licence poétique: je trouve que double-L accentue l'aspect plein, full, vraiment plein ;)
Mark Twain a écrit :A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.
Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.
Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
(http://www.i18nguy.com/twain.html)
Samuel.
hlide

Message par hlide »

__sam__ a écrit : 10 mai 2019 19:14 Licence poétique: je trouve que double-L accentue l'aspect plein, full, vraiment plein ;)
Genre : "The full-colo(u)r version" ?
jasz

Message par jasz »

hlide a raison :oops:
The color one is better
hlide

Message par hlide »

Vu que je n'ai que le MO6 et le TO8, je ne peux que donner mon sentiment :

- la version monochrome est plus lisible.

- la version polychrome me pose un problème juste sur la présence des lignes rouges même si je devine le pourquoi du choix des lignes continues : peut-être qu'il vaudrait mieux une couleur suffisamment sombre pour ne pas trop se détacher avec le noir - un gris ?
__sam__

Message par __sam__ »

Le gris est très clair sur thomson. Il n'y a pour ainsi dire aucune couleur vraiment sombre.
Samuel.
hlide

Message par hlide »

Je suppose que le choix d'une ligne continue est pour définir le fond comme rouge (ou noir) et permettre que la couleur monochrome d'un "sprite" (escargot ici) puisse être en avant-plan pour éviter de se retrouver dans l'impossibilité de représenter plus de 2 couleurs dans un octet ? donc mettre des pointillés ou les points originaux exposerait le problème ?
Iapetus

Message par Iapetus »

Thank you guys, I also prefer la version couleur but the reason I asked was because I was thinking in terms of playability: seeing more of the level or less.

hlide, the red lines alternating with black were an attempt to make the background recede, I thought that having a solid colour would make it garish, and without any colour would make it look too simple... I will have to play with the options.

The graphics for the monochrome version actually are not those I have shown, the ones I uploaded are the same as the colour version but without the attributes. Below you can see the gfx I prepared for the mono version, not THAT different but I feel they look a bit better(this gfx will be used in the zx spectrum 48k version).
zxspectrummonochrome.jpg
zxspectrummonochrome.jpg (29.74 Kio) Consulté 5098 fois

Regarding the colours it is a really a pain that the Mo5 palette has little contrast I wish there were more dark colours to play with.

I have also a preliminary version for the Hector:

I will now more or less freeze all the versions and I will advance the game on the my main versions, the TO8 and C64. Today I am starting to add the protagonist and his movement.
MO5 - MO6 - TO8D - C64C - Timex TC2048 - Acorn Electron - Amiga 500
yves

Message par yves »

W_oo_d a écrit : 11 mai 2019 13:15
I have also a preliminary version for the Hector:

wow excellent !

I also prefer the colour one.

Yves
Iapetus

Message par Iapetus »

Merci Yves :)
Iapetus

Message par Iapetus »

I have added the movement of the player but I need to work on the animation, perhaps add more frames.
I never seem to be able to record the game at the right frame rate. On the computer/emulator it is much smoother, here it is going twice as fast and choppier.

__sam__

Message par __sam__ »

The character is cute :)
Samuel.
Répondre